Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mommy for 2 years


2 years have quickly passed since my sweet little man was born. We are actually a week a way but know this week is going to be hectic so I decided to do it now.

I had no idea what I was getting my self in to. Yes, I loved the days when it was just Josh and me eating out and going to movies and staying out as late as we wanted, but by far having Rhett trumps everything I have ever done! I am dead serious...I know you parents out there totally agree.

I cannot describe what this little man has done for us. He makes me so happy and I am so in love!!!

I LAUGH ALL THE TIME! Rhett is so funny these days......

He is a talker...he talks constantly and says the most hilarious things(things I had no idea he even knew about.) He is putting together sentences and he understands possession and past tense. I know this sounds weird but he really talks like we do. He loves to play baseball with Daddy and Daddy loves it more than Rhett. He loves bath time and he might be the only kid on the face of the earth that loves getting his hair washed. I make sure I give his scalp a little massage then he dumps water on his head and face and giggles to no end. In fact, the more water splashed on his face the harder he giggles. He loves the water....he is a fish like his Daddy. He loves his sand box and dumps sand on his head too like the water. He is a strange eater these days but for the most part he will try anything. He loves marshmallows(thanks Trey), Chocolate Milk, Coffee(I know..terrible Mommy, but he swipes it when I am not looking then cries when I take it away! He even says, "mmmm, I love coffee!". HILARIOUS! He loves chicken, hush puppies, rice, EDAMAME(he loves striping the soybeans from the pods), biscuits and APPLE BUTTER(this is a once a day request.) He loves books and if it rhymes he will try his best to repeat exactly what you say. He can count to 13 or 14. He says part of the ABC's. He loves to sing...his favorites are...Blessed be the name, Day 1(thanks to Miss Hilda), Take me out to the ballgame( there might be as many 6 "strikes your out"), and our favorite is "oh my darling:Jaynes style).

He loves the Doodlebops, Wiggles, Wow Wow Wubzy and Elmo.

My favorite thing at the moment he says, "Mommy". At any given moment he grabs me, wraps his arms around me and with the sweetest little smile he says, "Maaahmee." I melts me every time...it is like he is saying "I love you, you are my best friend and I can't get enough!" I feel the same way!!!

He is by far the best thing that has happened to us....I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my little buddy. I cannot thank God enough for this precious life he has let me borrow! I also can't thank Josh enough for being the best Daddy any little boy could ask for. Josh is super involved and spends so much quality time with him! It stinks during the season so much being away from him because we miss him so much but right now, having Josh here with us every day makes those 8 months worth it.
Thanks for letting me dish and brag about my sweet Rhett. I could have written more... and he is a little stinker too....that can be saved for another blog, plus all this love inside of me sort of erases all those things I get frustrated with him for.
Let the 2's begin.......
(P.S. I am sound asleep in the picture above. He loves for me to wrap my arms tight around him when he goes to sleep...he is usually saying "hold me Mommy" even if I am holding him as tight as I can. This is also pretty comfy so I usually fall out too!)

2 comments:

  1. Yes---it is an indescribable love. I'm glad you're enjoying every minute of it! He's an awesome kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshmallows and edamame... talk about variety! I can't believe he's turning 2! Happy early birthday Rhett! WE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!