Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Training happenings


We have been in Melbourne Florida now for about 11 days. We are getting settled in, I guess. Settled in as much as you can in a rented apartment with rented furniure..with no pictures on the wall.



We live about a mile and half from the stadium Josh is playing in. Josh goes to the field everyday at about 7:30 AM. Rhett has been getting up so early so it hasn't been a problem getting up and taking Josh. The weather is nice but has been really cool in the morning. One morning Josh took the car so Rhett and I walked to get the car. The weather, to my surprise was very cold. I was in my workout capris, t-shirt and "Fit-Flops". Rhett was in his stroller in a polo and pants. We FROZE the whole way and two men walked by us in their PARKAS all covered up. I felt terrible that I put poor Rhett through that windy walk. Needless to say, we now take him to the park so that we have the car the rest of the day.

Josh was getting home around 2 or 3, but the games started yesterday and the schedule has changed some. He still leaves in the morning at the same time. Rhett and me get to the game at 1 then Josh plays for about the first 4 innings then the starters can go home. Josh works out and takes a few more rounds in the cage then showers up and we all drive home at about 4.

For me it is a long day without Josh. Rhett and me have a ball, but if we were in Florence we might go see my Mama or go eat lunch with a friend or something that gives me contact with someone that I might recognize.....it is amazing what you take for granted when you live Florence. Even going to Target, gas station, grocery store you see people you know. Being in a new town on a new team you have to find things to entertain you.

I enrolled Rhett and me in Gymoboree class. It is a mommy and me class filled with learning, music and physical activity. Here is Rhett at class:
It is so blurry because it was taken with my phone and he was swinging. We go once a week and we have so much fun!









We went to the beach the other day but it was cold and cloudy. We got to watch surfers, put our feet in(Brrrr) and then we built some sand castles! We decided it was too cold for shorts and headed home.
The boys had a ball!!!!















Rhett loved watching his Daddy at this years first Spring Training game.



Josh and Miguel Cabrera, former teamate.

They played together from 2000-2007.

Josh walked his first at-bat.

Josh looks so different in a Nats uniform. I think I like it...patriotic!
Josh was doing some extra hitting after he played yesterday.